Records Management University: Free Online RMA Webcourse
Welcome to Records Management University, a series of online courses dedicated to serving Records Management professionals, soon to enter its eighth semester.
Let RMU Dean of Records Management, Mitch Farbstein, lead you through this educational, informational, and fun webinar course. We will spotlight the latest news, innovations, theory and concepts, critical industry issues, best practices, tips and tricks, how-to’s, and new advances in technology in Records Management. This is for everyone, experts and novices alike. Each of the 5 classes will focus on a different critical topic and last an hour.
Attention Records Managers: Each RMU session is pre-approved for 1 CRM Certification Maintenance Credit (CMP) from the Institute of Certified Records Managers up to 5 CRM credits (one for each class).
FLEMING COLLEGE CONTINUING EDUCATION CERTIFICATION
Records and Information management is affected by changes in regulations, technology, organizational needs and community needs. A good records and information manager needs to be armed with the latest skills and knowledge in best practices, regulated processes and cost efficiencies to support their organization and its stakeholders.
MOHAWK COLLEGE PROGRAMS
This program is designed to prepare you to operate in a records management program in any organizational setting. With the increasing production of and demand for complex information and the widespread use of automated technologies, businesses, non-profit organizations and government agencies are striving to manage their information assets in an effective and efficient way. Records and information management programs contribute to the efficiency of an organization's operations by providing systematic control of information resources, from creation through use, storage and final disposition.
- GRAPRM102 Document Management Technology
- LIBRRM103 Archives
- OADMRM100 Records And Information Management Fundamentals
- OADMRM101 Active Records Management
With today's growing demand of complex information and use of automated technologies, businesses are continually striving to manage this information effectively. Humber's Records and Information Management Certificate program aids students in effectively managing this complex information by providing systematic control of information resources, from creation through use. Learn how to operate a records management program for any business or organizational setting. This program is completed online in partnership with OntarioLearn.
To qualify for the Records and Information Management Certificate (RECRD_MGT_CA/20771), students must meet one of the following requirements:
- Keyboarding (OAGN 125)
- Typing speed of 30 - 35 words per minute relative to errors
- Active Records Management
- Business Computer Applications
- Document Management Technology
- PC Business Essentials
- Records & Information Management Fundamentals
- Researching and Reporting
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
Completely revised and updated for 2017/18 with the help of subject matter experts who are currently working the field, this program will enable you to learn the current industry standards and the best practices of information and records management from industry professionals. Managing records and information is a pivotal piece in running any organization efficiently and with topics ranging from the fundamentals to advanced topics in strategic management of information, SAIT's Information and Records Management certificate will help you succeed. These courses are intended for industry professionals upgrading their skills or for individuals looking to change or enhance their careers.
At least 60% in each of the following courses or their equivalents:
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2
- Two of the following Grade 12 subjects: Math (Pure Math 30, Applied Math 30, Math 30-1, Math 30-2 or Math 30-3), Science, Social Science, Accounting, Law or a second language.
- MGMT 244 (Fundamentals of Information and Records Management) may be substituted for one of the Grade 12 subjects. This course is available through continuing education.
- All applicants, including students educated in Canada, must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission.
- SAIT accepts high school course equivalents for admission. If you don't meet the requirements, consider Academic Upgrading.
To get started, submit an application for this part-time program through ApplyAlberta.
Toll free: 1-888-504-7441 ext. 6324
Or ask online
University of The Fraser Valley
Quick and easy retrieval of information is an essential part of an organization’s success. Information and records managers help organizations control systematically their most vital information. Learn the industry standards and best practices to sort, classify, maintain, and archive all forms of electronic and print documents.
- Fundamentals of Information and Records Management
- Records Classification and Vocabulary
- Records Management Systems
- Digital Age Literacy
- Databases: Access
- Spreadsheets: Excel*
- Word-processing: Word
- Business Communications
School of Continuing Studies, University of Toronto
- Know the field of records and information management from the ground up.
- Acquire the most current knowledge in the field, designed and delivered online by industry experts.
Keeping accurate records and information is more important than ever in the digital information age. Organizations need professionals who can create, store and retrieve information using the latest technologies. Whether you're just entering the field or are seeking to expand your knowledge and skills, this certificate is for you. You'll complete it fully grounded in the essential elements of the profession. Learn organizational context, practice, strategy and implementation, and develop an overview of vital privacy, access and governance issues. You'll study the full spectrum of archiving and retrieval, and emerge with the knowledge and skills valued by organizations seeking to manage information assets. This certificate is offered in collaboration with the Faculty of Information
Chinook Learning Services
Do you find yourself managing company records without the knowledge required to make sound judgements? Managing records and information is a critical responsibility in any organization. In this certificate, learn industry standards and best practices from experienced industry professionals. From life-cycle management to disposition and data management technology, gain the necessary knowledge to hold a records management position in any organization. This 105-hour certificate is recognized by the Calgary Chapter of ARMA (Association of Records Managers and Administrators). Visit ARMA Calgary (external website).
- Records Management Theory
- Retention & Disposition
- Records Management Application
- Data Management Technology
- Ethics Management
- Microsoft® Office Applications
- Writing Skills for Business
The program must be completed within one (1) year of initial registration.
How to Register / Policy Information
Classes have limited space and may fill up if you delay. If your class is full, ask to be put on a waiting list. Waitlisted students will be notified of any vacancies. Classes will be added based on demand.
Conestoga Continuing Education
This program is designed to prepare individuals to operate a records management program in various organizational settings including businesses, non-profit organizations and government agencies. With the increasing production of, and demand for, complex information and the widespread use of automated technologies the effective and efficient management of information assets is critical. Records and information management programs contribute to the efficiency of an organization's operations by providing systematic control of information resources, from creation through use, storage and final disposition.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, OR 19 years of age or older
- Grade 12 Compulsory English, C or U, or equivalent.
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Records and Information Management Fundamentals
- Active Records Management
- Document Management Technology